Monday, July 20, 2009

MuSiC MoNdAy!!!

Taste of the Week!.....

Ice Cream!!!

Ok, Kiki in the house here, and I just would like to forwarn you that i compare music to food.

I know, I know, weird right, but works like this--

Music=Love

Love=Food

Food(love)=Music(love)

Soooooooo a=c, c=d, ac=cd, so ad=cc and that must mean a=d ;]

It's all the same! [Especially if you're a math geek like me =D] So, I enjoy comparing the two.

And this Taste of the Week! is Ice Cream.

Have you ever noticed when it comes to a song, it's like a big, delicious scoop of your favorite ice cream?? You just take a bite and all the sudden you're in this beautiful ice land of amazing happiness!!! Your muscles relax, you smile and giggle a bit, and for a short while, the world stops spinning and there's no reason to worry about the things we shouldn't even worry about [and we all know we do]. Ice cream's our little escape and so is music in my opinion. Hence, why our taste of the week is ice cream.

So! Ice Cream is made of many things, and I'd like to talk about one of it's main ingredients- sugar AKA the lyrics =D Lyrics are awesome! Without the lyrics, the song won't even be half as sweet!

Here are just 3 of my favorite lyrics from a few of my FaVoRiTe bands:

"I like you.
Girl you don't got nothing to prove to me.
I know that times have been rough for the both of us.
But I'll pray for change
You see this world has lots to offer but at times it will go dark And if this love is what we say it is
I'm sure it will go far and with a girl as sweet as you
There's not much else I can do.. but fall for you."

-Hummingbird by Never Shout Never

"To wake up knowing you've got the day
To take on without feeling okay
To make yourself unwilling to sleep away(Sleep away the pain)
Don't take off running without my say
Don't pay that price
You thought you'd pay
You've got the choice
You've got the time of day
Just don't sleep away the pain"

- The World is Calling by There for Tomorrow

"There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret
Or life is yours to miss
No other road
No other day
No day, but today"

-No Day, but Today by the musical cast of RENT <33

So! leave a comment or what-not, telling me what your favorite lyric is! =D

What lyric or lyrics make's your favorite song sweet?


<3 Kiki

No comments:

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin