Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11, Favorite Quotes, and Vampires

First of all, I'd just like to take a moment to mention 9/11 and what a huge moment it is in our nation's history. My condolences to anyone who lost family in the tragedy. I know there are a lot of conspiracy theories out there, but I think we all need to set those aside for a day and just honor the people we lost.

On a lighter note...Here's a quote Kiki and I really like:

"The main effort of arranging your life should be to progressively reduce the amount of time required to decently maintain yourself so that you can have all the time you want for reading." — Norman Rush

So true.

Moving on...The Vampire Diaries premiere.

I had homework that night so I Tivoed it (Actually, I have Verizon Fios, so I DVRed it.) and watched it today.

It was pretty good. I had never read the books, so I didn't know which qualities the vampires would have. Sort of a mix of Twilight-style vampires and True-Blood-style vampires. The vampires are hot and one's obsessed with the protagonist, but they can glamour and can't enter a house without an invitation and there was something that hinted at burning in the sun, but it was connected to a ring.

Anyhow, all in all it was pretty decent for a pilot. More than a little cheesy, but I think most pilots are, compared to later episodes. I'm excited to see what comes of it. Though, I don't see it being as good as True Blood.

Tashi <3

P.S. For some reason, every time I hear the word "American" now, I think about that part in Inglorious Basterds where the shoot out in the tavern has just happened and the German guy asks "Are you American or British?" and Brad Pitt yells "We're Americans!" in the most proud and hilarious accent ever.

No comments:

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin